Selling a home no matter if it is a house or a condo is a decision that can change your life.
Let’s see 6 key elements that can help you in the decision-making process and result in a successful sale.
- Why are you selling? It may sound trivial but it is the most important thing to clarify from the get-go. It’s not about the market. It’s not about what friends or others think. It’s about what will make you happy.
Maybe you have decided you want a bigger or smaller house. Maybe your family grew and you need more space. Or maybe the kids moved out and you don’t need so much space.
Whatever it is knowing why you want to sell reason will make the process easier.
- What is the value of your home? Who decides how much a house is worth? It is worth what the buyers are willing to pay for it in today’s market.
This is why a professional real estate agent / Realtor will visit your home and do extensive research. To find recent and relevant data. Including similar residences that are comparable. To offer you a realistic price expectation.
- When is the best time of the year to sell? Statistically, the majority of buyers look for a home during the so-called spring market. Which does not match the start date of spring on March 20th. The real estate spring market usually kicks off during the second half of February. With March being a key month.
However, it does depend also on the type of home you are selling as well as its location. It could be in your best interest to start advertising your home earlier or later. A professional real estate agent / Realtor will suggest the pros and cons of each option.
For example, if the ideal buyer for your house is a family you may want to avoid selling during March break. Since that’s when a lot of families are away.
- Presentation matters. Where will most interested buyers see your home for the first time? On line. If they don’t find what they see appealing they will never come and see it. Try to keep an open mind when you receive suggestions from an expert about how to prepare your home. Having a professional photo shoot, floor plans, as well as a virtual or video tour, make it easier for buyers to fall in love with your home.
- Promotion and marketing strategy. The reality is that placing a sign on the lawn will not sell a house. Or just have it on the internet. Behind a successful sale, there is a marketing strategy targeting the ideal buyer for your home.
- Negotiation. This is crucial in ensuring the ultimate result. It’s important to highlight this is not only about achieving the highest possible price. But also the best terms and conditions.